Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Who me?

Most of you don't know that I am a 7th grade science teacher. This year is my second year teaching science, my third year teaching junior high and my 4th year teaching. Last year was a huge struggle. The kids didn't like me, didn't want to learn and had no support at home. This year however, the kids LOVE me and some if not most want to learn/enjoy science.
So needless to say this year has been AWESOME! I have enjoyed my kids, being head of yearbook and the school social committee. It's been a lot of work, but I've managed to not take any "homework" home this year. I arrive at work at 7am and leave at 4pm. Definitely not that bad. So today, during our professional development I was honored by my principal for being "The-teacher-of-the-year". SO AWESOME! I was really not expecting it but am greatly honored to have received it. I do also feel a bit guilty as I know that a lot of other teachers work way harder then me. And honestly, we are all a team and work together to achieve one goal.

So, what a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... you forgot to mention how awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete