Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I've spent the last 6 months...

These last 6 months have been crazy, crazy, crazy. I've grown in many ways and have experienced life. I'm moving out in less then a week. That alone, will begin a whole new chapter in my life. I'm using this time, to reflect upon the last six months.

I've spent the last 6 months:
living on top of a hill in Glendale.
with a 45-60 minute commute.
not paying any rent
not having a grocery bill
going through a divorce
figuring out where God is
sleeping in the same room with my daughter
sharing meals with my family, that I've missed
figuring out how to raise a child on my own
balancing a new social life with mommy-hood
living paycheck to paycheck
madly looking for a masters program and applying to one
losing 30 pounds
teaching 180 kids 5 days a week
running on very little sleep
making mistakes
"reliving" the college days I never had

My goal for this year was to become self sufficient. Starting Saturday, I will write my first rent check, I will buy my own groceries for the first time in 6 months and start my journey as a real (as opposed to fake?) single mother.  I"m excited for the future and grateful for the past. God is good and will continue to provide for me my needs and I will choose to let that be enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------
3 Things
1) I am thankful once again for antibiotics. Hopefully this time around Z will feel better
2) I am thankful for friends who are understanding, considerate and helpful
3) I am thankful for an hour to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment