Thursday, January 27, 2011

I still believe in marriage

George Clooney won't do it again
Jim Carrey doubts it'll happen for himself
Hundreds of other "normal" people run away from it.

Marriage is something that I still believe in. No matter what I've been through, I'm serious when I say I know it can work and be forever.

I still believe because I've seen:
1) two people fall in love
2) two people stay in love
3) two people choose to always work on their relationship/friendship/marriage
4) nothing greater (outside of God) then the love and companionship a marriage brings
5) two people remain committed to each other through think and thin

One day I will find my prince charming. One day I will marry him. One day. Until then, I will be content with where God has placed me. But, boy, don't I look forward to that day and who knows, maybe he's already in my life, I just don't know it yet.


"there is no greater risk than matrimony.
but there is nothing happier than a happy marriage."
--benjamin disraeli, 1870
in a letter to queen victoria's daughter louise,
congratulating her on her engagement.
via the book committed by elizabeth gilbert
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Things
1) I am thankful for teammates that work their tails off to get things done. They seriously rock! 
2) I am thankful for doors being held open for me at dinner. It's the small things that count sometimes.
3) I am thankful for new beginnings and look forward to some awesomely amazing secrets being revealed (no, I'm not pregnant or engaged or married)



1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that Jasmine! I know God has a plan for you. Just make time for him in your life and he'll work it all out :o) Keep your faith in God and marriage. :o)

    ReplyDelete