Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sweet Disposition

I remember when I was young I would dream about what my life would be like as an adult. I always envisioned that I would have a sweet, dear husband, who treasured me and talked to me tenderly. I envisioned myself as a sweet women with happiness beaming out of me uncontrollably. Sitting on our rocking chairs on the porch, watching people as they pass by our house. Our disposition would be sweet. Very sweet.

Whenever I hear The Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition, it kind of brings me back to that childhood thought. It makes me analyze my disposition in life. Am I happy? Does it show? If not, what can I do to fix it?

One time, right before our divorce, The Ex and I got into a disagreement about religion. He basically was making fun of me for getting emotionally caught up into Christian worship music. I quickly brought up how he consistently air guitars/drums/sings to his music because he too get's caught up in music. The whole point of music is to evoke emotion.

This song does exactly that for me. Not only that, but it stirs something within me to do better, be better and dream better. 



-------------------------------------
3 Things
1) I am thankful for honesty among friends
2) I am thankful for pain in relationships
3) I am thankful for my sweet daughter and the 3 years God has given me with her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your blog Jasmine. You are a very insightful person. Thanks for sharing your life with us. It makes me feel a little closer to AZ! Miss you bunches! Oh, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song! ~Valerie

    ReplyDelete